Friday, August 1, 2008

Belated Bit from SIN and KL

I know I'm way way behind in my SIN and KL posts (think it's 1.5 months late..heehee). I flew to Vegas for some "special eventsss" (coming up in the next post) and am in the midst of of buying, planning, designing and renovating OUR NEW HOUSE!!! (another wish fulfilled) So excited and tons of things to follow up.......

Ok.... this time round in SIN, I had great food, great company, great joy and laughter. Thanks to my family and friends who always make time for me despite my short schedule in SIN. What I felt bad about was that I didn't manage to meet up with more of my friends on this trip as it was only 3 FULLY packed and hectic days in SIN..... Sorry yah... if time permits... will stay longer next time....

If I were to tell you guys that only gathering and dining were involved in my last trip back to SIN, you wouldn't believe me, right? So... Will be revealing my loot from SIN too....

Met up with Liling for some "important shopping" - Great Singapore Sale!!! We spent our entire afternoon around Paragon, Ngee Ann City, Wisma and Takashimaya. Only managed to score the following 3 items.... guess all my shopping hunger had been fulfilled in Taipei, HK and SH....




Later, we popped down to Takashimaya's Coffee Club for more girly catch-up and gossip. Time just flew by......


Next morning, Hubby and I went for our hair appointment at Absolut Hair Work, newly opened by my hair stylist, Jason. I've been with him for the past 3.5 years. He is a very quiet man, but has excellent skills. He is also the man that my hubby absolutely needs to visit whenever we are back to SIN. As for me, Jason is the only man who I can fully trust for my hair rebonding and of course with "potent" hair treatments. Look for him, if you guys are interested. He is darn good!!!

Address: Blk 123 Lor 1 Toa Payoh #01-503 Singapore 310123
Tel :
6352 8937

After giving my hair the care and attention that it deserved, we had a quick catch up with hubby's younger brother and his girlfriend at Ngee Ann City's Delifrance (another "must patronize" chain bakery/cafe/bistro for hubby).


Hubby and I then met up with my friends for dinner at Brussels Sprouts which is kinda like belgium restaurant/bar with an emphasis on beer and finger food. The credit went to Kwai Fong who recommended this Thumbs Up restaurant/bar. We ordered the house special, Mussels in White Wine Sauce and Thai Curry Sauce whose aromatic fragrance totally brings out the juiciness and sweetness of the mussels. These mussels were also accompanied with free flow of hot piping chips/fries which were tasty and crispy. They have great beer menu too. I absolutely love Leffe Blonde Beer which was smooth and subtle and went well with the fries. We also had wonderful chit-chats, chatting the entire night away....

Address: 80, Mohamed Sultan Road, 01-12, The Pier @ Robertson


Our last day in SIN started off by having brunch with Kwai Fong who brought us to The Cellar Door. It is a cosy, charming little cafe in a relaxed atmosphere and attracts many expats. It actually has two outlets just a few doors away from each other - A Cafe and A Deli. Speaking about the brunch, it certainly does not have the "wow factor" but the place is definitely ideal for a lazy weekend brunch.....

Address: 619 Bukit Timah Road Singapore 269720


After brunch, we headed to my parent's house for some relaxing and gathering time..... As for dinner, we met up with Kaarlo and Adeline at Marina Square's Sakae Sushi. The dinner at Sakae Sushi, as usual did not disappoint us.... Everything was just awesome!!

Address: No. 6 Raffles Boulevard #02-207 Singapore 039594 (Marina Square Shopping Mall)
Tel: 6336 8201



To satisfy our sweet-tooth craving, we had dessert at Andersen's of Denmark Ice Cream which is just across from Sakae Sushi.

Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard #02-207A Singapore 039594 (Marina Square Shopping Mall)
Tel : 6334 4727



Well... it was time for us to return to our Home Sweet Home in the States.....

While hubby was waiting/relaxing/working in the lounge during the transit in KL, I browsed at the Duty Free Shop where I fell in love with THIS!!!!
I obviously went raving about it the minute I met him at the lounge. When he heard the words "croc skin", he literally 'twisted' his face, showing the expression like as if I had force him to eat DURIAN (which he hates so much!!!). Hubby has always been against me having items that are made of exotic skins as he feels that these are endangered animals..... Of course, I dragged him to the store (much to his protest though) to try it on to show him anyway. With my coaxing or so called nagging, hubby finally gave in and not only agreed that it looks good on me, but that I should also add it to my collection!!!!

Presenting my first exotic leather item!!!

Hermes H-our mini watch with FUSCHIA CROC Strap....





Oh, if you guys haven't realised, I have also added some new items to my WISH LIST Sidebar too. One of them is ------- Hermes Fuschia Ostrich 35cm Birkin!!!!!!!-------- which I have already placed an order!!!! YEEPEE!!!!!! (My TDF SA from Hermes... actually tried very hard to squeeze in this order.... since each person can order 2 Birkins per year and both Hubby and I had already hit the quota)

As for Violine Ostrich Birkin and Fuschia Crocodile Birkin, I have to wait till next year..... However, my sweet SA told me that whenever she has any extra order.... I will be the first to know!!!!

Well... u guys must be thinking why am I able to place the order for exotic skin Birkins since hubby has a hard time accepting it?????
That's due to my
persuasive brain-washing and washing... haha... He then gave me the absolute support which I really appreciate it...

In any case.... thanks hubby for all the wonderful trips and shopping spree!!!!!!

No comments: