Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hong Kong Trip in June '08

Our second stop was Hong Kong where my parents joined us.

Frankly speaking, I did not manage to buy much from Hong Kong this time round. I wasn't able to catch the HK SUMMER SALES which were JUST 1 week away (grumble....grumble....) and everything was still at FULL price while I was there. Not that it hindered my shopping spree but made me feel "not worth it" when I did the calculations. Hence, I only purchased when I thought that the item will either run out of my size by SALE time or be totally SOLD OUT by then. Anyhow, I still managed to find a couple of rather satisfying purchases. On the other hand, I didn't get to do much sight-seeing. So do not expect many 'scenic' pictures... But lots of pictures on Foodzzzzzzzz though.

After checking in to the hotel, we made our way to Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel where the world-renowned High-Tea is located in the Lobby. High Tea time had just begun 15 mins before and the tables were almost all taken up. But we were lucky enough to get a table without having to queue for long, as we saw others having to do. By the way, No Reservations are accepted!!! High tea at the Peninsula seems to be a hip thing to do in Hong Kong. The fixed-price high tea includes layered tray of finger sandwiches, assorted pastries, and scones accompanied by butter and strawberry preserve and choice of tea selections. Oh... the salmon finger sandwiches were very yummy!!!!!


Next, we made our way to PACIFIC PLACE at Admiralty where we spent the rest of the afternoon. My Hubby purchased a gorgeous "lil' something" for me from Bvlgari. Been lusting for one for the looooongest time - remove from my wish list sidebar.

My Outfit Today: DVB Capri Jeans, Miu Miu Top, Prada Wedges, Chanel Earrings, Chanel Pearl Necklace, Hermes Belt, Hermes Blue Jean Birkin, Hermes Double Kelly Bracelet


Bvlgari B.ZERO1 pendant necklace in 18kt white gold
Its Iconic and linear design features the central spiral and two lateral rims with the double logo engraved

We had dinner at Hee Kee Fried Crab (喜记避风堂炒蟹屋). This branch was located at Causeway Bay. We went over to try their signature dish - Crab with tons of crispy garlics and green onions (避风堂炒蟹). WAY WAY WAY DISAPPOINTING!!!! Not only that, this dish was outrageously expensive!!!! - it costs more than USD200 for this dish alone (ONE crab ONLY)
The rest of the dishes did not appeal to us either!!!! We were left wondering why was this restaurant highly recommended in magazines??????????


In HK, one can't leave without "Yum Cha" (translated as having Dim Sum). The next morning, we went to Sportful Garden Restaurant (陶源酒家) which is located at the basement floor of Stanford Hotel (仕 德 福 酒 店).

Address: 118 Soy Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (香 港 九 龙 旺 角 豉 油 街 118 号)
Tel: (852) 27708228

The food here was delicious so much so that we returned for 1 more Dim Sum and 1 Dinner during our stay!!!!
Their Almond Creme deserved TONS and TONS of compliments from my mum and me. Very savoury indeed!!!! Highly recommended.


Finally satisfied, we moved swiftly to Landmark in Central, where someone had a teeny conquest from Louis Vuitton Flagship Store in Hong Kong. Any idea who's the person???

Still no idea????

Ok lah..... no more coy lah......

*...CUE FOR DRUMROLL....*

It was HIM!!!!! My Dearest Hubby!!!!!!

He looks rather content yah?



LOUIS VUITTON ODESSA ARDOISE which fits his laptop and its accessories

What are his thoughts on this new purchase?
Hubby: Very pleased and like it very much!!

Posing in front of the window display

Mum receiving Louis Vuitton Saleya Tote (MM) in Damier Canvas. She is absolutely delighted. See... she used it immediately!!

We crossed over to check out On Pedder, nothing caught my eyes. Then we proceed to the place that every Shoe obsession Fashionista/Wannabe should have checked out - THE CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN BOUTIQUE!!!! It is a building in RED matching their signature RED Soles.... (I've forgotten to take pictures again...next time perhaps) It is actually rather small but merchandise were quite well-stocked. But nothing made my heart skip a beat for now.

Address: No.7, On Lan Street, Central, Hong Kong

We moved back to Landmark again. We took a breather at Salon De The de Joel Robuchon for some coffee and pastries.


After coffee break, Hubby had to be back to the hotel for work. My parents and I continue browsing at Landmark where I fell in love with this DVF Top (more pic later), CC Skye Bracelet and Valentino Red Denim Shorts.

CC Skye Single Wrap Leather and Chain Bracelet

Valentino Red Metal "V" Denim Shorts

White-tone with gold lining metal "V" on back pockets

We hunted down this yummy popular local milk-desserts theme dessert chain - Yee Shun Milk Company (义顺牛奶公司) at Causeway Bay branch! The place is small and crowded with a huge turnover of customers. They specialize in custards and milk drinks. They serve Hot/Cold steamed milk in two films, steamed milk with ginger juice, steamed egg custard and cold papaya milk juice etc. Light snack includes pork chop bun, chicken wings with ham and egg, toast, macaroni etc.

Address: G/F 506 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong (香港銅鑼灣駱克道506號地下)
Tel: (+852) 25911837

The fragrance and smoothness of the house specialty - Steamed milk in two films (義順雙皮燉奶) and Coffee steamed milk custard were scrumptious

Wow.. Super smooth milk curd! U've got to taste it to know how good they are... (Mum's advertising tagline)... heehee

I was hoping to check out Lane Crawford in Causeway Bay while my parents wanted to purchase their preserved fruits - "Winter Ginger". I spotted another pair of Christian Louboutin 100mm Clichys in Nude at this Lane Crawford branch.

Very subtle and discreet Christian Louboutin 100mm Clichys in Nude. If you haven't already realized by now, I have the same pair in RED from Taipei. This is the result of having strong affinity towards Christian Louboutin!!!!

It was time for dinner. Another HK must-eat food is roasted goose which is why we plodded down to Yung Kee Restaurant (鏞記酒家). My thoughts or our thoughts??...... It is just one of those fancy over-rated award-winners you read about. We weren't impressed at all! I'm also pretty sure you can tell from the pictures that the food was literally 'bathed' in Oil! The restaurant failed to live up to our expectations!!! However, just in case, if you guys wanted to give it a try, do make reservation!!!!

Address: 32-40 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong (香港中环威灵顿街32-40号)
Telephone: (852) 2522 1624

Posing in the front of Yung Kee Restaurant
My Outfit Today: EQ:IQ Top, Hudson Cropped Jeans, Chanel Earrings, Hermes Belt, Hermes Double Kelly Bracelet, Cartier Watch, Hermes Orange Kelly, Bvlgari B.Zero 1 Necklace and Christian Louboutin Rodita Leather Sandals which I received heaps of compliments!!!!! By the way, only black colour is available in Asia.


On our 3rd morning, we tried out the most talked about Dim Sum in town - Luk Yu Tea House (陆羽茶室). It is an authentic dim sum teahouse. Trolleys with dim sum are pushed through the place only until 11am, after which you'll have to order through the menu. It might be soooo "authentic" that NONE of us felt it was satisfying to our taste buds. It was mediocre!!! My opinion is NOT WORTH the effort to come here!

Time for some sight-seeing yah.. We went up to Victoria Peak (太平山頂/維多利亞山) by taxi. We were amazed by the spectacular view of the surrounding city skyline, Victoria Harbour, towering skyscrapers and green hillsides. Though, I believe the scenery would be much more marvellous at night.


We enjoyed some coffee and chocolate croissants at Pacific Coffee Company while admiring the view before heading back.


On return, we took the Peak Tram down to the lower peak tram terminus. It's a short but very scenic ride along the side of a steep hill.


Hubby left me to 2 bodyguards (a.k.a my parents) and headed back to hotel for work. We wiggled in some shopping time in Tsim Sha Tsui. Hung around Elements (newest shopping mall in Hong Kong located above Kowloon Station) and Harbour City for a little while. Not much credit card exercise today except for a Karen Millen Vest and Shirt and a pair of MaxMara Flats

Karen Millen Vest

Karen Millen Shirt

MaxMara Flats

I actually have a REASON for buying THEM!!! Wanna know why??
I was wearing my Dolce Gabbana Gladiators Sandals to navigate around. I realised that they were SUPER uncomfortable and cut into my feet!!! It was so painful that I could hardly continue. My feet must have expanded due to the hot and humid weather. My mum was commenting that I need half or one size up for the sandals. Hence, in order to get immediate ease to my pain so that I could continue, I HAD to purchase these MaxMara Flats.

After shopping, we went back to the Hotel to freshen up before heading out to dinner. We figured dinner that night should make up for the lacklustre dinner of the past two nights. We went back to Sportful Garden Restaurant (陶源酒家). Needless to say, we had an immensely enjoyable time. A great gastronomic treat!!!


On our last day, we had Dim Sum at Sportful Garden Restaurant (陶源酒家) ONCE AGAIN!!!! Cannot sing enough praises for this restaurant, it never disappointed us!!!!!!


Before heading to the airport, we browsed around the area of Mongkok. I also got to try out their Stinky tofu (臭豆腐). So what was my impression? Despite the stinky smell, the flavour is surprisingly mild. It is said that the more it smells, the better the flavour.

My Outfit Today: D&G Top, Stella McCartney Jeans, Prada Wedges, Hermes Belt, Hermes Blue Jean Birkin, Coach Bracelet, Chanel Earrings, Bottega Veneta Sunglasses and Bvlgari B.Zero 1 Necklace

I was scouring around for a Hermes Fuschia Double Kelly Bracelet but no luck in Taipei and HK. However, I was able to pick up this from Hermes in HK Airport.

Hermes Double Kelly Bracelet in Griolet (new colour!!!)

Ok....That wraps up my Hong Kong trip...Next stop is Shanghai.

No comments: