Saturday, July 5, 2008

Taipei Trip in June '08

I'm baaaacccccckk!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to all of you who patiently kept checking back despite my long disappearance! Apologies for the delay yah. I've been busy unpacking, resting (really really exhausted from the trip - need a holiday from the holiday!!!) and settling some personal matters.

Anyhow, moving on to more thrilling reports from Asia!!!!!

My first stop was Taipei. Hubby was attending the Computex Conference while me.... as usual..... getting my extensive shopping fix where I had much better luck as compared to HK, SH, SIN and KL.

We arrived in Taipei at 5.30am... but only managed to leave the airport at 7.30am. WHY????? Our luggage was LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the airline had no clues as to where they were. After fussing over our "MIA" (translate as Missing In Action) luggage for 2.5hrs with the airline ground staff, they suggested that we move on to our hotel while they continue to check on the whereabouts of our luggage and claimed that they would arrange for delivery to our hotel once they received it. Yah right, they indeed delivered but it was only after 42 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should consider ourselves fortunate as we had gotten a good package from Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel that provides unlimited laundry. This helped us "tide" over the No New Clothings period!!!! Also, need to rave about the fabulous services from Shangri-La. We told them about our lost luggage and asked them to take note when they received it. After checking in, they actually sent us some personal toiletries, underwear, socks, and vanities. Apart from this, the hotel also has a range of recreation and leisure facilities. We're quite impressed with their spectacular rooftop pool and jacuzzi with panoramic views of Taipei (wish we had more time). After a long haul flight, I decided to check myself in for an aromatherapy facial treatment in the Horizon Spa before starting my day of shopping. It was so refreshing that I decided to become a repeat customer the next day. My aromatherapist was such a sweet girl who is very knowledgeable and has excellent skills. (Look for Wing if u guys wanna give it a try)

After which, I made my way to Pacific Sogo Department Store (太平洋崇光百貨)-Fuxing Branch to check out Hermes and Chanel. Sadly, no luck in Hermes. I did however manage to snag the very last piece of this Chanel Pearl Necklace and a pair of Chanel Wedges. I've wanted a Chanel Pearl Necklace for quite a while now. In my previous postings, I mentioned about my search and liking for the Black/Cream Chanel pearl necklace but when I saw this necklace, I lost all my reasoning. I love the contrast of the luminous white pearls and sparkling pink crystals. It was such a gorgeous combo!!!!!!



Showing favour to this new Neck Candy, I wore it immediately!!!!

Click to enlarge to view the dangling Chanel Logo..... It is just soooo cute

Hubby took a picture of the new Chanel Wedges while I was in Miu Miu.

I met up with hubby for a late lunch at the Grand Hyatt. I had totally forgotten about taking photos. Perhaps due to our extreme suffering from hunger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After food, we plodded down to Taipei 101 Mall where I scored Missoni Dress and Missoni Classic Zigzag Knit Scarfs. And ... and Christian Louboutin Shoes from On Pedder too.

A classic and fabulous Missoni Mini Dress with its signature zigzag design embellished with white embroideries

These cheerful coloured Scarfs brighten up ones look and provides instant stamp of chic too

Apparently, On Pedder sells anything that is IN, HOT, TRENDY and DESIRED which include designer labels such as Chloe, Kenneth Jay Lane, Yves Saint Laurent, Manolo Blahnik, Juicy Couture, Christian Louboutin, Marni, Giuseppe Zanotti, Bruno Frisoni and etc. I couldn't help to succumb to these new Christian Louboutins! To make the purchase sound more worthy, I reminded myself that I wasn't able to get these colours in the States while they were considered a basic colour in Asia and were on SALE too (30% discount)!!!!!!!!

Sexxxxxy Christian Louboutin 100mm Clichys in Red which can spruce up a simple outfit. There is a story behind this pair of shoes too. Since my size wasn't available in this boutique, the SA called up the other branch to check on the availability. BINGO!!! They have it and he placed the order for me and asked me to pick up at 2pm tomorrow. Next day, we went there on time but the shoes had yet to arrive. After waited for half an hour, still no news. As we need to rush back to the hotel for Spa Treatments, this amazing SA was soooooo nice that he suggested to send the pair to our hotel when he received it. So, off we went. When we returned to our room after the treatment, I saw the new babes there. Immediately, I tried them on. Guess what happened????????? One of the pumps was in size 37.5 (which was the right sizing) while the other was 38.5. OMG riiiight????? Called up the SA and told him the problem. He was soooooooo apologetic that he said he will pick up the other correct pump from the other branch and deliver it to our hotel PERSONALLY. Of course, I accepted that. This time round.......................... Nothing went wrong lah. He delivered the right ONE to me!!!!!! In addition, he enclosed a Sorry Card and a Beautiful Box of VERY DELICIOUS Chocolates which went mostly into the tummy of my hubby. Well, I must admit that this SA was really very tactful in handling this case. He was able to turn an unhappy customer to a happy customer.

Christian Louboutin Wedges in Soft Metallic Gold. What have these wedges done to me??? More in the next post!!!!

Christian Louboutin New Simple Pumps in Champagne Pink. Hubby wasn't exactly excited over this pair of pumps at this moment. Me on the other hand, went nutz over them......

Next day, we had breakfast buffet in the hotel which was superb THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were many varieties of foods ranging from Chinese to Western to Japanese cuisines. I have been to many hotel breakfast buffets but Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel (Taipei) deserved the best compliments. It was sooooooo good that I told Hubby we have to come back again!!!!

We popped over to Taipei 101 Mall again shortly thereafter. As above, I went there with the intention of picking up the Christian Louboutin Red Clichys. But after browsing around the mall, I was able to grab the following loot - Jean Paul Gaultier skirt, Miu Miu top, dress and flats, EQ:IQ jacket and long sweater. Regretfully, I had to give Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store (新光三越) a miss this time as we had to rush back to the Hotel for our Spa Treatments. We spent the rest of the day unwinding and relaxing in the Horizon Spa, where we had a body massage and aromatherapy facial treatment.


My SA from Miu Miu. Isn't she sweet?? Look for Sabrina when u guys are there.
My Outfit Today: 3.1 Philip Lim Blouse, Stella McCartney Jeans, Hermes Belt, Chanel Wedges and Marni Necklace

My last day in Taipei started and ended with the Hotel's Scrumptious Breakfast Buffet. We were flying off to HK thereafter.



More on the HK stop in the next post........

No comments: