Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shopping in Vegas, San Jose and Short Trip to Austin

Need to post these before we fly off for a quick getaway celebration in Vegas (Yup... it will be Vegas again... boring ah....) Well... I shall not dwell into why we choose Vegas again as I need to rush off this posting... So, just stay tune for the next post for more detail yah....

Last month, we flew to Vegas, San Jose and Austin..... All except for Vegas were due to business trips for hubby who brought along his lovely wife..... (hey... don't puck lah....heehee)

Swing right into to our last trip to Vegas. What does a person who is diagnosed with "shopping disease" do in Vegas???? Shopaholics can NEVER resist a shopping heaven!!!!!!
Please allow me to parade my shopping conquestsssss from the shopping heaven/paradise for your pleasure viewing.. Otherwise... you can click on "X" sign to stop the viewing lor.......

Suffice to say, I had been extremely successful with Chanel this time!!!!!!! Managed to add several gorgeous pieces to my Chanel Collection - 2 Arm Candies (one of the arm candies deserve another separate paragraph on its own), 2 Jacket/Sweater and some accessories.
The Chanel Timeless Clutch is so versatile... It can be used for a Casual Outing as shown on Victoria Beckham or act as a perfect arm candy for Formal Dining.
My giving and adorable hubby really pampered me a lot a lot a lot (x 10000000000), not only did he get me both the Chanel Jacket and Wool Cardigan/Sweater in Dark Blue, he was asking me to get the Wool Cardigan/Sweater in Grey as well. However, I rejected his kind offer....... since I am already very pleased with these 2 pieces from the New Season.


Those of you who have been following my blog should have know that I've been lusting over the drool-worthy Dark Gold/Bronze Chanel 2.55 Reissue for quite some time. Hence, when I saw this New Arm Candy featured in the Chanel Fall/Winter '08 Catalog, I immediately asked my SA to place an order for it (waited for 3 weeks or so)

VOILA...........................

CHANEL 227 DK BROWN METALLIC 2.55 REISSUE with ruthenium hardware from Fall/Winter '08 Collection. Though it is not a dark gold/bronze colour, the yummy hard-to-beat brown/chocolate with a metallic sheen is able to provide a bronze look under lighting too. The distressed calfskin leather is luxuriously soft and I love the silver hardware on this bag. It is so easy to carry, so versatile, so chic..... Practically and Absolutely Perfect!!!! With this fabulous affection towards Reissue, I asked my SA for another ONE – 227 BLACK 2.55 REISSUE with dark silver hardware as well (still patiently awaiting for it). Hubby was extremely supportive about this decision!!....He said I SHOULD get both of them!!! He kept singing praises about how well they looked on me. The boutique actually had the Black Reissue in Black Hardware in stock but I passed on as it didn't make my heart skip a beat. Anyhow, with this, I have removed the Chanel Reissue from my wish list side bar...... ( This removal was reminded by my Hubby..... my loyal supporter who kept track of my wish list....) - Does this mean he can concentrate on my other wish listsssssss??????????? - Mwahahahaha.....

Visiting Hermes is mandatory for me in Vegas!!!! Without much delay, I shall revealed the conquests... I had been haunted by this Hermes Kelly Gloves when I first saw it in a forum. I was totally nutzzz over it. They make me look pretty as a posy and it will DEFINITELY be one of my statement accessories during winter. The prints/details on the Hermes Passage du Moscou Scarf are sooo stunning and the Purple/Violet Colorway is truly breathtaking.


The rest of goodies from Vegas are namely from Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, J Brand and Burberry. I was actually looking for a Balenciaga Leather Jacket but I couldn't carry off any of them. (Though I wish I could still find one that suit me in future) My SA then introduced me this Dolce & Gabbana Leather Jacket where the goatskin leather are soft but yet not slouchy and equipped with a modern and edgy appeal rather than the ultrarock biker look.


J Brand is well known for its Skinny Jeans but their Love Story Bellbottom Jeans Series are flying off the shelves too!!!! They can be seen on countless magazines and many celebrities from Kate Moss, Penelope Cruz and Paris Hilton just to name a few. I have gotten myself 2 pairs of Love Story Lightweight Bellbottom Jeans (Indigo and Charcoal Wash – which are now in the hands of my trusted tailor). These jeans are just awesome... Not only do they have clean and classic look, they are extremely flattering... somehow making you slimmer too....( Perfect for me.... Heehee...)




I will not post everything except for a couple of rather interesting ones from San Jose. Loeffler Randall Layered Sleeve Dress has a ladylike and sultry look while the artsy prints on M Missoni Intarsia-Knit Dress add some charming subtlely. I just love the plum colour on this pair of Miu Miu Pumps...


On the last bit, hubby and I flew to Austin. We stayed over at Barton Creek Resort and Club which is a pretty pleasant resort. Believe it a not, I was in the Resort throughout the whole stay (4 days)!!! (not that I've a choice... heehee... since there are not much shopping in Austin.....) While hubby was having his business meeting/working hard to support his shopaholic wife, I stayed in the resort to enjoy the spa facilities and treatment. It was just a laze and relaxing time for me.......
The resort has recently underwent remodeling. We had one of the re-furbished room which is nicely furnished and decorated with great amenities. This resort is situated in the hill country hence views were just phenomenal. Since I did not leave the resort at all, I took all my meals at the property. Mostly room service except for the arrival day where we had early dinner at The Hill Country Dining Room. The food was nothing special though.
Overall, I would recommend staying here for a simple weekend getaway especially if you’re a golfer, I believe you'll love it as the golf courses are just so beautiful... Seems like golfing heaven..... However, if this is to be a personal vacation for hubby and me, I will check out Four Seasons Hotel instead.....

No comments: